What are you wearing today?

Just a fun little thread to foster chit-chat Slight smile

What togs have you got on today? I'll go first: blue Adidas shorts and blue n grey Adidas tee shirt, complete with the logo Slight smile

Parents
  • Is there anyone else here that doesn't like to change their clothes?

• Today as every weekend I am wearing Victorian style clothes, so 1837-1901 era,

hard working man in his best Sunday clothes. Not peaky blinders or gentry or squire, just plain and often mismatched in colour.

practical,old,well worn,

so today,,,light brown plain shoes all leather from around 1940’s era, brown cotton trousers with button flies,collar less shirt light blue with lines running down, swede/leather waist coat,pocket watch on chain,Brown speckle jacket tweed but with no lined pattern like most. Braces. But clipnon,need to source button type and get sewing buttons into all my trousers. Brown peeked cap,farmer style.

I have four jackets,all slightly different but tweed, some very old,variouse waist coats different ones for each jacket or colour of trousers, another very old dark all leather pair of plain shoes, two cardigans that look old style but are modern, lots of different caps,and about four scarfs as Victorian workers didn’t wear ties, all practical clothes.

I have only been wearing these for a couple of months but decided after 50 odd years I want to wear what I am comfortable in,,,,and boy oh boy I feel like me, I imagine my passion and feeling of joy comes out in my description.

I can sew and have a very keen eye for style and look. Tiny details can dramatically change the look.

Thank you if you managed to keep reading this far,,,,well done,

Honest clothing that doesn’t try to show any wealth.

x()x

Victorian youngsters,(sorry pictures won’t upload for me)

r=18,

v=1549.

s=24. 

30:03:2018.

18:30.

• Today as every weekend I am wearing Victorian style clothes, so 1837-1901 era,

hard working man in his best Sunday clothes. Not peaky blinders or gentry or squire, just plain and often mismatched in colour.

practical,old,well worn,

so today,,,light brown plain shoes all leather from around 1940’s era, brown cotton trousers with button flies,collar less shirt light blue with lines running down, swede/leather waist coat,pocket watch on chain,Brown speckle jacket tweed but with no lined pattern like most. Braces. But clipnon,need to source button type and get sewing buttons into all my trousers. Brown peeked cap,farmer style.

I have four jackets,all slightly different but tweed, some very old,variouse waist coats different ones for each jacket or colour of trousers, another very old dark all leather pair of plain shoes, two cardigans that look old style but are modern, lots of different caps,and about four scarfs as Victorian workers didn’t wear ties, all practical clothes.

I have only been wearing these for a couple of months but decided after 50 odd years I want to wear what I am comfortable in,,,,and boy oh boy I feel like me, I imagine my passion and feeling of joy comes out in my description.

I can sew and have a very keen eye for style and look. Tiny details can dramatically change the look.

Thank you if you managed to keep reading this far,,,,well done,

Honest clothing that doesn’t try to show any wealth.

x()x

Victorian youngsters,(sorry pictures won’t upload for me)

r=18,

v=1549.

s=24. 

30:03:2018.

18:30.

Children
No Data