Jane Wants A Boyfriend

I've just found a movie where the led character has Aspergers. A young lady wants to enter the dating scene against the well meaning but protective sister. The only other movie I can think of with an Autistic lead is Rain Man. Dustin Hoffman is an incredible actor. I don't know what this movie is like yet.

www.youtube.com/watch

Parents
  • Hi I watched a movie drama some weeks ago which although it was not about autism the young female actress did in my view exhibit some traits, regardless of that I found the film extremely touching and thought provoking.I found it quite sad that it ended the way it did.

The film is called "A touch of love". 1969 starring sandy dennis as an "Intellectually driven doctoral student called Rosalind Stacey.And sir Ian as a newsreader to presenter called George Matthews. She had her first intimate encounter a one night stand and became pregnant,he however was homosexual.she tried to end the pregnancy but failed and decided to have the baby anyway,she kept it secret apart from close friends,her parents were always abroad.she had to call hereself mrs as the stigma of being pregnant and not married was the way. There were difficulties but I won't spoil the end,a very moving portrayal of a quite lonely women in a world of her own.

• "Sir Ian Mckellan".

Reply Children
No Data