The PIP experience is challenging.

My wife found a clause (trying to rediscover it) which stated that it was not necessary to call in those with an ASD.

However ATOS managed to convince my wife that it was necessary to see how I am affected by my stroke.

I started losing my balance more frequently circa 2014 the MRI scan in 2017 found evidence of scarring in the rear of my brain.

Previously having low care low mobility with DLA I came to realise this was going to be different.

The ATOS assessor appears to be qualified to at least a senior sister in order to be able to work alone but is she experienced 

working within ASD? It would appear not. Equating a pre-arranged interview facing someone across a table as being identical 

to not engaging with anyone socially is totally absurd. I did engage with her because she created rapport with me, not me creating 

it with her,or us creating it jointly..As she appears not to have not been listening too closely I am drawn to concluding that her

shorthand skills need an urgent review in addition to her lack of understanding diversity within ASD. I am not going into this

too deeply as I am getting ready to go to appeal at a tribunal. But a copy of my complaint against ATOS will be presented at

my tribunal hearing..

Parents
  • PIP and ESA horrendous. But I have been helped enormously by the website Benefits and work for both PIP and ESA. Did you know you can ask your Gp for a letter saying you cannot manage a medical other than in your own home? Did you also know that you can request the interview to be recorded in which case two recorders are needed so that they have a copy and so do you ( check up on that tho as not quite sure that's right but think so). The goalposts keep moving and it's not easy to keep up with. If you can fill the original forms in well initially it helps a lot and a good idea to seek someone familiar with the form and how to fill it in. Believe it or not but if you can fill in your own forms it can work against you. The help I had was invaluable. The Benefits and work shows you, citizens advice can help, and your council Welfare Rights also. Sorry if you've read me saying this in another post but it took me a long time to get my forms done well enough for them to listen and just want to prevent others going through unnecessary distress. 

• I have yet to do my Pip, I am waiting on a date for the ESA assessment, I got a letter from the GP saying a home visit is required, it seems a bit cloak and dagger at time's, as if my future depends on how well I can act. It is a shame, but that is the general consensus from those who have been through or work for the system. I need to be able to survive before I will be able to thrive, knowing that I am taking this path in a very cautious manner. Better safe than sorry. Thanks again for the information you supplied Misfit61. Slight smile

• You are very welcome.  It took a while for me to find places to help so glad to be able to share. 

• No I'm not Steve. Steve is one of the people running Benefits and Work and it's his work not mine

• Misfit61 if you are Steve in the letter above, it will be edited out by admins, possibly even if it isn't your details. If you can remove it yourself, it will save some grief. Thanks for that, it is just what I need.

• Misfit61 if you are Steve in the letter above, it will be edited out by admins, possibly even if it isn't your details. If you can remove it yourself, it will save some grief. Thanks for that, it is just what I need.

Children