A change for the worse

"Autism friendly"? No, I don't think so. The original format worked and was a logical set up that was easy to use, this new format is a total illogical mess. The number of posts on this forum and the number of users making them were already in decline. I think this new layout will simply hasten that process. I for one won't be using or visiting this site in future. In fact as soon as I post this I'm going to close my account here.

Parents
  • Like other replies, I find the new format confusing and difficult.   I know the previous format left a lot to be desired but at least it was quite intuitive.  I am not of the Facepack generation and can't really get round the real question of Facepack - why?  I know some things go fungal, once again I don't know why.  And I don't really understand the 'language' of facepack - or why we want to know.  Hopefully this forum will at least sty with its original purposes, I am not interested in what people have had for lunch, except in an autistic way - such as why some find certain foods and smells objectionable.

I do welcome the opportunity to put pictures on - or should it be 'inflict' my pictures.  As a test, I wlll post this picture, for no reason other than I like it and I can and it is one of mine!

Hoping it will show up as it is not showing on my pre-post so don't know what will happen when it is posted. On the preview it looks as if the orighinal picture has been cropped a bit, but that might be because I have to adjust the settings or something.

A major part of any software implementation is testing and getting the opinions of users as one of the first steps.  What shouldn't be done is to not think of the target users and inflict something on them.  However good the intentions, this has the look of something that the developers thought was good but did not consider the target audience.

When I used to go fishing, many years ago, I read a book called 'Still Water Angling' by Richard (***) Walker, at that time the holder of the Carp Record.  In it he said something that has stuck with me ever since.  He said 'Give the fish what they want, not what you think they should have'.  And this resonates in so many ways in so many different spheres.

• Trainspotter said:

I am not of the Facepack generation and can't really get round the real question of Facepack - why?  I know some things go fungal, once again I don't know why.  And I don't really understand the 'language' of facepack - or why we want to know.

I love the terms 'Facepack', going 'Fungal' and the real question of Facepack ~ why? Made me laugh ~ really refreshing satire; nice one.

• Trainspotter said:

I am not of the Facepack generation and can't really get round the real question of Facepack - why?  I know some things go fungal, once again I don't know why.  And I don't really understand the 'language' of facepack - or why we want to know.

I love the terms 'Facepack', going 'Fungal' and the real question of Facepack ~ why? Made me laugh ~ really refreshing satire; nice one.

Children
  • Hi Trainspotter.

I am by no means fluent at malopropisms - but I do enjoy making an effort with them when I get the oprah-tuna-tea.

The odd one does occur to me along the way though, with my latest being 'socio-ILL-logical society' - which is a terror-bull affliction suffered most severely by those who actually don't have it, or really don't get it.

I really enjoy double-entendres two - especially Frankie Howard's stuff. 

• Hi Deepthought.  I've always been interested in wordplay and using deliberate malopropisms - a bit of the Hylda Baker in me (don't know if anyone remembers her!)  I often refer to things being 'omnibus' rather than 'ominus', the world being my lobster, having a 'haddock' (instead of headache), 'Gravely Ill' (spaghetti junction, in Birmingham, really Gravelly Hill)--- the list goes on!  And then neurotypicals try correcting me as if I don't really know the real words.  I'll never understand the neurotypical mind1