Asperger Syndrome and Careers ??

Hi does anyone know if having Aspergers or any ASD will stop you joining the police force or any of the armed forces ???

My son is very keen on one of these careers but i am not sure if this will hold him back

Parents
  • I think the armed forces are also offensive - the Iraq war, for example. And it is questionable how far they really do keep the peace in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Of course, not all army personnel are psychopaths, but there is a culture of bullying and thuggery in the forces, which is well documented.

Yes, we need a police force, but we don't need an armed forces of the scale that we currently have. I think that demilitarization should be the path that all countries should ideally take, and there is nothing stopping the EU from leading the way.

I do agree that the armed forces engage in legalized murder; and our armed forces are no more worthy of respect than the  Iraqi or Afghan forces. Humans are humans.

• I think the armed forces are also offensive - the Iraq war, for example. And it is questionable how far they really do keep the peace in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Of course, not all army personnel are psychopaths, but there is a culture of bullying and thuggery in the forces, which is well documented.

Yes, we need a police force, but we don't need an armed forces of the scale that we currently have. I think that demilitarization should be the path that all countries should ideally take, and there is nothing stopping the EU from leading the way.

I do agree that the armed forces engage in legalized murder; and our armed forces are no more worthy of respect than the  Iraqi or Afghan forces. Humans are humans.

Children
No Data