Asperger Syndrome and Careers ??

Hi does anyone know if having Aspergers or any ASD will stop you joining the police force or any of the armed forces ???

My son is very keen on one of these careers but i am not sure if this will hold him back

Parents
  • The only problem with that theory, 'two, is that if they were all truely like that neither the police nor the armed forces, but particularly the police, could actually do their jobs.

Their primary roles, after all, are to keep the peace, not to start riots.

It's been a long long time since our armed forces were offensive in nature, for example, they have much more of a peace keeping role than anything else.

In fact the 'modern british armed forces' have been defensive in nature since their inception.

There may be some bad apples in both the police and the armed forces, but that doesn't make the entire barrel rotten.

I can quite understand your postition and views, 'two, as I am a pacifist too, however I also come from a military family (my Dad was in the RAF) and so I know something of both sides of the coin.

• The only problem with that theory, 'two, is that if they were all truely like that neither the police nor the armed forces, but particularly the police, could actually do their jobs.

Their primary roles, after all, are to keep the peace, not to start riots.

It's been a long long time since our armed forces were offensive in nature, for example, they have much more of a peace keeping role than anything else.

In fact the 'modern british armed forces' have been defensive in nature since their inception.

There may be some bad apples in both the police and the armed forces, but that doesn't make the entire barrel rotten.

I can quite understand your postition and views, 'two, as I am a pacifist too, however I also come from a military family (my Dad was in the RAF) and so I know something of both sides of the coin.

Children
No Data