Asperger Syndrome and Careers ??

Hi does anyone know if having Aspergers or any ASD will stop you joining the police force or any of the armed forces ???

My son is very keen on one of these careers but i am not sure if this will hold him back

Parents
  • I think the thing is you can't label all members of the armed and police forces as the same.

Be that label good or bad.

The armed and police forces do contain psychopaths, as does any walk of life.

But they also contain people that are good, and decent, and honourable.

It is a sad fact of reality that we need the police and the armed forces, and that they do an important, and very difficult job.

They, as a whole, deserve our respect, however, we should equally not ignore the fact that sometimes individual members of those forces most definitely do not deserve any respect, and nor should we ignore the crimes they commit against other individuals and humanity.

• I think the thing is you can't label all members of the armed and police forces as the same.

Be that label good or bad.

The armed and police forces do contain psychopaths, as does any walk of life.

But they also contain people that are good, and decent, and honourable.

It is a sad fact of reality that we need the police and the armed forces, and that they do an important, and very difficult job.

They, as a whole, deserve our respect, however, we should equally not ignore the fact that sometimes individual members of those forces most definitely do not deserve any respect, and nor should we ignore the crimes they commit against other individuals and humanity.

Children
No Data