Asperger Syndrome and Careers ??

Hi does anyone know if having Aspergers or any ASD will stop you joining the police force or any of the armed forces ???

My son is very keen on one of these careers but i am not sure if this will hold him back

Parents
  • basically its not illegal for them to say no as they are exempt from the discrimination act. i have very mild aspergers syndrome and have served as an army cadet cadet for 4 years with no problems. however all of the armed forces turned me down. The police however look at it as a case by case basis. i am a police cadet with gwent looking to be an officer in the near future. basically no to military but police is an option.

to ajh17 i would be happy to go into more details on this. i know how hard it is not to be able to do the job u want. for several years i was determined to be in the military police.

• basically its not illegal for them to say no as they are exempt from the discrimination act. i have very mild aspergers syndrome and have served as an army cadet cadet for 4 years with no problems. however all of the armed forces turned me down. The police however look at it as a case by case basis. i am a police cadet with gwent looking to be an officer in the near future. basically no to military but police is an option.

to ajh17 i would be happy to go into more details on this. i know how hard it is not to be able to do the job u want. for several years i was determined to be in the military police.

Children
No Data