Asperger Syndrome and Careers ??

Hi does anyone know if having Aspergers or any ASD will stop you joining the police force or any of the armed forces ???

My son is very keen on one of these careers but i am not sure if this will hold him back

Parents
  • I'm a firm believer that you can achieve a lot when you set your mind to it. If that is what makes him happy.. he oughtta go for it! They might need to change the rules there  For they nééd to learn that being an Aspie doesn't necessarily imply not adequate.. might even be overly adequate...: Strict, loyal, extremely interested, heart in the right place..

The structured life is great for anyone, esp. when an Aspie..

Your kid needs to understand that the army surely is not a piece of cake! Are there days he can come and see.. even ask whether there might be a problem (displaying his pro's and con's ---> without the label..)

I'd say.. Go for it. One should dó what one's heart tells you to!

Good luck, Love, B'fly

• I'm a firm believer that you can achieve a lot when you set your mind to it. If that is what makes him happy.. he oughtta go for it! They might need to change the rules there  For they nééd to learn that being an Aspie doesn't necessarily imply not adequate.. might even be overly adequate...: Strict, loyal, extremely interested, heart in the right place..

The structured life is great for anyone, esp. when an Aspie..

Your kid needs to understand that the army surely is not a piece of cake! Are there days he can come and see.. even ask whether there might be a problem (displaying his pro's and con's ---> without the label..)

I'd say.. Go for it. One should dó what one's heart tells you to!

Good luck, Love, B'fly

Children
No Data