Meltdown?

What is a meltdown?

How do you know that you are having a meltdown?

Parents
  • That's pretty much it I suppose. From my experience it has been from a build up of frustrations through a failure to communicate effectively.

I've been in situations many a time where I would be crying uncontrollably for up to an hour.

The hard part, in my opinion, is getting others to understand.

What sort of things can trigger a meltdown for everyone else?

• That's pretty much it I suppose. From my experience it has been from a build up of frustrations through a failure to communicate effectively.

I've been in situations many a time where I would be crying uncontrollably for up to an hour.

The hard part, in my opinion, is getting others to understand.

What sort of things can trigger a meltdown for everyone else?

Children
  • Its very rare that I have a meltdown but I had one in work about a week ago, my boss went on holiday and didn't inform me. Now I'm a person who likes a routine and I was quite annoyed when I turned up for work and she wasn't in, she actually the only reason that Ive stayed at my job so long because it's quite hard work.  I like to think we get along quite well (although she did have a go at me once or twice for being late)  Because I haven't been diagnosed with autism just yet I don't think my boss understands my needs. I'm seeing a psychiatrist on 24th August then hopefully I will get my diagnosis. I'm asking this question when I do get diagnosed how would I approach my boss to say that I need to be treated differently?