Visualisations of autism

My name Is Michelle and I am a student at the University of Gloucestershire, studying Illustration. My project I am doing is focusing on six different disorders/ illness's (such as autism, depression, anxiety ADHD, Bipolar and tourettes) I am focusing on autism at the moment and would greatly appreciate any help any of you can give me. I personally was born with Aspergus syndrome, so I am sympathetic to people out there like me.

Its quite hard finding people with autism to help me with this project but I was hoping some of you could. What I need is for maybe two or three of you to individually tell me what autism would be like as a creature and I'll draw it. What you picture it as. Then I will bring it back to here and show you if possible and ask if that's what you meant. I will keep doing it until you are happy with it. I can even put fake names on the research project if you are uncomfortable with having your real name or screen name shown. 

Someone please help me ^_^ thanks so much. Michelle

Parents
  • I tend to anthropomorphise things quite a lot.  But more usually inanimate objects rather than animals: cuddly toys being the more obvious examples, but even stuff like chairs and even random rubbish I'm throwing away.  Because random rubbish has feelings too.  Possibly.

I love the look of a colourful sunset, though I'm not sure that's really my favourite time of day.  I think I actually prefer early morning on a summer's day: bright and cheerful before the day has had a chance to get stagnant and soupy, and before everyone else has woken up enough for it to feel busy.  I also love beaches, and spent many happy days in my childhood on nearby South Shields beach when I was growing up getting sunburnt and sand in my ice cream and my undies, though the weather is more often foul and scary.  Though still lovely if you're watching it from the cosiness of somewhere warm with a sea view!

• I tend to anthropomorphise things quite a lot.  But more usually inanimate objects rather than animals: cuddly toys being the more obvious examples, but even stuff like chairs and even random rubbish I'm throwing away.  Because random rubbish has feelings too.  Possibly.

I love the look of a colourful sunset, though I'm not sure that's really my favourite time of day.  I think I actually prefer early morning on a summer's day: bright and cheerful before the day has had a chance to get stagnant and soupy, and before everyone else has woken up enough for it to feel busy.  I also love beaches, and spent many happy days in my childhood on nearby South Shields beach when I was growing up getting sunburnt and sand in my ice cream and my undies, though the weather is more often foul and scary.  Though still lovely if you're watching it from the cosiness of somewhere warm with a sea view!

Children
No Data