Railways and trains

Anyone here a 'train spotter' or general rail enthusiast? I am myself... to the point I now volunteer at a heritage railway.

Parents
  • I love steam railways, and always have from my younger days.  These days I am not so much interested in spotting every train on the railway but more a case of photographing them in their full glory.  The perfect picture, alas, only exists in my mind but that does not stop me.

I frequently go to lines round me - Severn valley, Great Central, Churnet Vallley, Foxfield, Chasewater.  Something about a locomotive in full steam, the smell, the sound. So evocative!

And it is great that people like yourself volunteer.  Without you, the heritage railways would not exist.

• I love steam railways, and always have from my younger days.  These days I am not so much interested in spotting every train on the railway but more a case of photographing them in their full glory.  The perfect picture, alas, only exists in my mind but that does not stop me.

I frequently go to lines round me - Severn valley, Great Central, Churnet Vallley, Foxfield, Chasewater.  Something about a locomotive in full steam, the smell, the sound. So evocative!

And it is great that people like yourself volunteer.  Without you, the heritage railways would not exist.

Children
No Data