"Innocent" or "Childish" Pursuits

What so called "childish" or innocent pursuits does anyone have?

Myself, I like blowing bubbles.  I always have a pot of them in the car, and often take them out when I go on a walk and sit down and blow them and watch them float gently over the landscape or historic site.  I do find it very therapeutic and suppose it is a sort of stimming although it is usually done when I am calm, although sometimes I must say when I have had a difficult few minutes I get the urge to blow them. 

I also love watching old children's television programmes from when I was young.  Catweazel, the Gerry Anderson puppet series (Supercar, Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds and even Four Feather Falls), Follyfoot (I fell in love with Dora as a teenager!).

And I am never far from my recorder.  Although I stopped being taught at the age of 11, I carried on with playing it and even though my music reading is below very basic I can pick out a tune and change the key to suit very easily. 

So does anyone else have these sort of so called childish pursuits and what are they?

Parents
  • Yes, I don't think you should be put off from indulging in 'childish' activities that are not causing any harm to others, just because some NT are judgemental. It's a shame that everyone can't be like you wellington. Then we would all be out in the street blowing bubbles, jumping in puddles, running and  skipping with arms outstreched while giggling (what I love to do) and playing with our yo-yo. I take a leaf from Nietzsche's book here: in order to be authentic we must shun the common decorum of the crowd - by doing so we might face ridicule, but at least  we are acting as free agents.

• Yes, I don't think you should be put off from indulging in 'childish' activities that are not causing any harm to others, just because some NT are judgemental. It's a shame that everyone can't be like you wellington. Then we would all be out in the street blowing bubbles, jumping in puddles, running and  skipping with arms outstreched while giggling (what I love to do) and playing with our yo-yo. I take a leaf from Nietzsche's book here: in order to be authentic we must shun the common decorum of the crowd - by doing so we might face ridicule, but at least  we are acting as free agents.

Children
No Data