Hobbies and interests - members lists

I just thought I'd start a topic about what interests and hobbies we have.  Here's some of mine...

• Tabletop roleplaying games, especially "Doctor Who" (the FASA, Virgin, and Cubicle 7 ones), "Serenity", "Victoriana" and "GURPS".
  • Re-enactment and LARP events.
  • Collecting Doctor Who inspired LARP props.
  • Collecting replica historical coins.
  • Collecting fake pound coins.
  • Video games; mainly, Fallout 3 and GTA at present.
  • Voluntary work; for 15 years, I have been volunteering for a local nature conservation charity.
  • Reading; mainly non-fiction (although I do like Dr Who short story books and collections) such as the Victorian era/1800s, the UK home front during WW2, UK home defence during the Cold War, NBC warfare, special forces, Special Operations Executive, the Goth subculture, amongst others. 
  • Drawing (when I have the patience).
  • TV programmes such as Doctor Who (been a fan since the 1980s), Firefly, Torchwood, Time Team, QI, Have I Got News For You, etc. 
  • Music - Carl McCoy/Fields of the Nephilim/Nefilim, Last Rites, The Eden House, Katie Melua, Midnight Oil, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, etc.
  • All things Goth and the Goth subculture.

Parents
  • Hey Hagrid

First of all sorry for the very late reply but I kinda dropped off the world for a while but I'm back in the game now!

Lord of the Rings online is a multiplayer role playing game on pc. It is a subscription based game to get all the content but can also be played for free up to a certain level. It is role playing as I said so any interactions with other peoples characters will have to be in line with whatever race and class you are playing i.e if you are playing a halfling then dancing on the table tops of an inn with a pint of ale and singing songs is perfectly normal but if you were an Elf then that would seem a little outta place etc. The game follows the story which is running alongside while you and your character complete quests throughout Middle Earth and even sometimes aiding the main characters from the books along the way. You start at level one and as you complete more quests etc you gain experience and then level up to open new skills or spells etc. You can play the game completely by yourself never interacting with another human player or join a guild and fight the forces of Mordor together. Everyone I have met ingame has been more than helpfull and very polite (unlike my time in World of Warcraft). You can go on YouTube and find lots of ingame videos to see what it is like or google LOTRO and you will find the official site or even lotrowiki to find out a lot more info.

Hope this helps?

All the best to ya!!

• Hey Hagrid

First of all sorry for the very late reply but I kinda dropped off the world for a while but I'm back in the game now!

Lord of the Rings online is a multiplayer role playing game on pc. It is a subscription based game to get all the content but can also be played for free up to a certain level. It is role playing as I said so any interactions with other peoples characters will have to be in line with whatever race and class you are playing i.e if you are playing a halfling then dancing on the table tops of an inn with a pint of ale and singing songs is perfectly normal but if you were an Elf then that would seem a little outta place etc. The game follows the story which is running alongside while you and your character complete quests throughout Middle Earth and even sometimes aiding the main characters from the books along the way. You start at level one and as you complete more quests etc you gain experience and then level up to open new skills or spells etc. You can play the game completely by yourself never interacting with another human player or join a guild and fight the forces of Mordor together. Everyone I have met ingame has been more than helpfull and very polite (unlike my time in World of Warcraft). You can go on YouTube and find lots of ingame videos to see what it is like or google LOTRO and you will find the official site or even lotrowiki to find out a lot more info.

Hope this helps?

All the best to ya!!

Children
No Data