Hobbies and interests - members lists

I just thought I'd start a topic about what interests and hobbies we have.  Here's some of mine...

• Tabletop roleplaying games, especially "Doctor Who" (the FASA, Virgin, and Cubicle 7 ones), "Serenity", "Victoriana" and "GURPS".
  • Re-enactment and LARP events.
  • Collecting Doctor Who inspired LARP props.
  • Collecting replica historical coins.
  • Collecting fake pound coins.
  • Video games; mainly, Fallout 3 and GTA at present.
  • Voluntary work; for 15 years, I have been volunteering for a local nature conservation charity.
  • Reading; mainly non-fiction (although I do like Dr Who short story books and collections) such as the Victorian era/1800s, the UK home front during WW2, UK home defence during the Cold War, NBC warfare, special forces, Special Operations Executive, the Goth subculture, amongst others. 
  • Drawing (when I have the patience).
  • TV programmes such as Doctor Who (been a fan since the 1980s), Firefly, Torchwood, Time Team, QI, Have I Got News For You, etc. 
  • Music - Carl McCoy/Fields of the Nephilim/Nefilim, Last Rites, The Eden House, Katie Melua, Midnight Oil, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, etc.
  • All things Goth and the Goth subculture.

Parents
  • [quote user="NAS12718"]

I love online role playing games, was addicted to WoW for about 5 years but now play Lord of the Rings online.

Hi Mr Fox

I am a huge fan of both the films and the books of lord of the ring and was wondering if you could tell me what the online game was.

as far as other interests go i am a HUGE film nut and try to collect as much information as humanly possible.  I have also aquired two statues one based on lord of the rings and theother on marvels Iron man.  I believe i would be a comic book fan as i hugely enjoy the films but cannot pay to collect them every month.

i am also a big fan of rock and metal music with some favourite bands being Edguy, avantasia, bullet for my valentine, parkway drive and avenged sevenfold. 

When it comes to tv i have a variety of different interests, i enjoy watching Sci Fi shows such as doctor who or torch wood but i also enjoy crimescene shows such as CSI or criminal Minds however my tv favourite shows at the moment are without a doubt the Big bang theory and how i met your mother. 

I also enjoy watching sport such as Tennis and snooker.

I do not enjoy sports a great deal other than games such as pool or snooker.  For a number of years i went to a disabled riding club and won a number of rosettes but had to give it up for college

I have also spent a large amount of time reading, My favourites are the harry potter books however at the minute I am enjoying reading a number of Stephen King Novels

finally I am a member of the boys brigade and am in the final year so by june hopefully i will have achieved my queens badge

• [quote user="NAS12718"]

I love online role playing games, was addicted to WoW for about 5 years but now play Lord of the Rings online.

Hi Mr Fox

I am a huge fan of both the films and the books of lord of the ring and was wondering if you could tell me what the online game was.

as far as other interests go i am a HUGE film nut and try to collect as much information as humanly possible.  I have also aquired two statues one based on lord of the rings and theother on marvels Iron man.  I believe i would be a comic book fan as i hugely enjoy the films but cannot pay to collect them every month.

i am also a big fan of rock and metal music with some favourite bands being Edguy, avantasia, bullet for my valentine, parkway drive and avenged sevenfold. 

When it comes to tv i have a variety of different interests, i enjoy watching Sci Fi shows such as doctor who or torch wood but i also enjoy crimescene shows such as CSI or criminal Minds however my tv favourite shows at the moment are without a doubt the Big bang theory and how i met your mother. 

I also enjoy watching sport such as Tennis and snooker.

I do not enjoy sports a great deal other than games such as pool or snooker.  For a number of years i went to a disabled riding club and won a number of rosettes but had to give it up for college

I have also spent a large amount of time reading, My favourites are the harry potter books however at the minute I am enjoying reading a number of Stephen King Novels

finally I am a member of the boys brigade and am in the final year so by june hopefully i will have achieved my queens badge

Children
No Data