Dating sites

I've been feeling kinda lonely romantically lately a few months after coming out of an abusive relationship and don't really want to/am no good at "dating" the way NT people do it. The solution, naturally, seems to be dating sites. The trouble is, there are thousands of these sites around and I'm having trouble filtering the good ones from the bad ones, and especially finding sites that may be a bit more accommodating to a fairly shy bloke with Aspergers. Has anyone on here got any success stories from dating sites? If so, which site(s) did you use and how long did it take to find lurrrrrve?

Parents
  • i had a look at all of those, the 1st 3 are the same company in different guises and charge a fee for seeing any messages or sending them (this is normal, free sign-up then find that out. pof.com is the biggest really free site). aspie-singles forum only has posts from most recently march this year. That's not bad as forums go - most of them are dead. These are the things to check before you sign up, date of most recent activity and if you can open and send messages for free or not. Otherwise you have to shut down loads of accounts you made, or leave your personal details everywhere. Also, get a dedicated email for it, as they spam you something awful (hello pof). If you join pof (which in rural areas is best, there's hardly anyone near you on there in a rural area anyway, paid-for ones screen out lots of people but that's a problem for hot young women in cities, not OAPs in the countryside) i recommend the UK forum (they strictly allow only using your own country's forum) the others are mostly out of date, little recent activity, if amusing to read, but the UK one is very very lively with all sorts of threads and new ones going on. You can join just for the forum, put that in your profile and make your profile not visible to search (people can still click on your name and see it).

• i had a look at all of those, the 1st 3 are the same company in different guises and charge a fee for seeing any messages or sending them (this is normal, free sign-up then find that out. pof.com is the biggest really free site). aspie-singles forum only has posts from most recently march this year. That's not bad as forums go - most of them are dead. These are the things to check before you sign up, date of most recent activity and if you can open and send messages for free or not. Otherwise you have to shut down loads of accounts you made, or leave your personal details everywhere. Also, get a dedicated email for it, as they spam you something awful (hello pof). If you join pof (which in rural areas is best, there's hardly anyone near you on there in a rural area anyway, paid-for ones screen out lots of people but that's a problem for hot young women in cities, not OAPs in the countryside) i recommend the UK forum (they strictly allow only using your own country's forum) the others are mostly out of date, little recent activity, if amusing to read, but the UK one is very very lively with all sorts of threads and new ones going on. You can join just for the forum, put that in your profile and make your profile not visible to search (people can still click on your name and see it).

Children
No Data