Dating sites

I've been feeling kinda lonely romantically lately a few months after coming out of an abusive relationship and don't really want to/am no good at "dating" the way NT people do it. The solution, naturally, seems to be dating sites. The trouble is, there are thousands of these sites around and I'm having trouble filtering the good ones from the bad ones, and especially finding sites that may be a bit more accommodating to a fairly shy bloke with Aspergers. Has anyone on here got any success stories from dating sites? If so, which site(s) did you use and how long did it take to find lurrrrrve?

Parents
  • I met my husband on an online dating site!  For me what worked was picking a special site that reflected my interests - it was important to me that my partner shared my religious beliefs so I went on a dedicated site.  It also meant it was less of a "meat market" and more about people genuinely looking for a relationship.

I would suggest you get an NT friend or two to check your profile to make sure it does accurately describe you, and that any pictures of you are fair / flattering.  I would also look at friendship sites as well as romantic dating sites, there is likely to be less judgement and it might give you the space to develop a romantic relationship slowly from a context of friendship rather than being immediately measured against your date's idea of the "ideal partner".

Just a few random thoughts anyway... good luck!

• I met my husband on an online dating site!  For me what worked was picking a special site that reflected my interests - it was important to me that my partner shared my religious beliefs so I went on a dedicated site.  It also meant it was less of a "meat market" and more about people genuinely looking for a relationship.

I would suggest you get an NT friend or two to check your profile to make sure it does accurately describe you, and that any pictures of you are fair / flattering.  I would also look at friendship sites as well as romantic dating sites, there is likely to be less judgement and it might give you the space to develop a romantic relationship slowly from a context of friendship rather than being immediately measured against your date's idea of the "ideal partner".

Just a few random thoughts anyway... good luck!

Children
No Data