Thoughts on "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time"?

Hi guys,

I think this is a brilliant book which has been adapted to make a wonderfully dynamic play. We did the play for our A-level practical and, after adjusting to dealing with the issue of something very personal to me (the class and teacher were all really supportive, which made it easier) I loved every minute.

I'm just interested to know what other people think of it? I'm not a huge fan of the depicition of Asperger's Syndrome within the book, myself. I find it a bit stereotypical, but that's just my opinion, because I'm very different to Christopher and my challenges often have little in common with what he struggles with. When we were doing the play, I also learned to bear in mind that sometimes protagonists who represent particular issues within society are stereotypical in order to appeal to audiences and to serve as character devices rather than naturalistic representations. The play itself isn't very naturalistic, it's more abstract, but...anyway.

For some reason, the book has been playing on my mind and I was wondering how other people feel about it!

Hope you're all having a good week so far,

LivAgain Innocent

Parents
  • Just been to see 'The Curious Incident....' at 'The Lowry' , Manchester - I was captivated for 2 hours 40 mins!

Yes, of course there is a masssive spectrum that needs to be considered, but the play goes a long way in spreading the needs of folk on the spectrum, in an intelligent way.

Everybody would benefit from seeing this play!

• Just been to see 'The Curious Incident....' at 'The Lowry' , Manchester - I was captivated for 2 hours 40 mins!

Yes, of course there is a masssive spectrum that needs to be considered, but the play goes a long way in spreading the needs of folk on the spectrum, in an intelligent way.

Everybody would benefit from seeing this play!

Children
No Data