Lonely

Writing on behalf of my daughter.. she is extremely isolated and would love to make new friendships . Any advice would be appreciated . She is 28 

Parents
  • Hi,

I was isolated for over 20 years, but was referred to an organization called Creative Support by my local community mental health team.

Creative Support provided me with a support worker and access to the social inclusion groups that they run and after a while of attending these groups with my support worker, my anxiety was massively reduced and I even made a few friends there.

Perhaps there is a similar organisation where you are that could provide your daughter with a support worker?

As others have mentioned this forum is full of great people, can't believe I forgot about this place for 2 years.

• Hi,

I was isolated for over 20 years, but was referred to an organization called Creative Support by my local community mental health team.

Creative Support provided me with a support worker and access to the social inclusion groups that they run and after a while of attending these groups with my support worker, my anxiety was massively reduced and I even made a few friends there.

Perhaps there is a similar organisation where you are that could provide your daughter with a support worker?

As others have mentioned this forum is full of great people, can't believe I forgot about this place for 2 years.

Children
No Data