Funny life Events Seen Now Through the Autistic Lens

What do I mean by "Funny life Events Seen Now Through the Autistic Lens"?

Since your realisation of being, or being diagnosed autistic, have you looked at something that happened in your life and now makes more sense?

I am going to put my story in the first reply to keep this thread a bit neater. Hopefully what I am asking makes sense after reading it.

Parents
  • I was on an meeting with an autism group and someone said that they didn't like fizzy drinks.

It reminded me that I was known amongst my friends as a bit of an eccentric who would de-fizz my drinks using a rapid two-finger movement in my glass. My friends got used to it and it was just one of my things.

It occurred to me during today's meeting that a neuro-typical person who didn't like fizz would order something else or just put up with the fizz. Whereas I came up with a practical but very weird looking solution. 

I liked Coca-Cola, but not the fizz.

• I was on an meeting with an autism group and someone said that they didn't like fizzy drinks.

It reminded me that I was known amongst my friends as a bit of an eccentric who would de-fizz my drinks using a rapid two-finger movement in my glass. My friends got used to it and it was just one of my things.

It occurred to me during today's meeting that a neuro-typical person who didn't like fizz would order something else or just put up with the fizz. Whereas I came up with a practical but very weird looking solution. 

I liked Coca-Cola, but not the fizz.

Children
No Data