Flying

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have an autistic daughter who is 10 and we are flying for the first time in over 2 weeks. I am looking for a stroller for her and was wondering if anyone knew of any places that maybe rents them out? They are quite expensive to buy and I would only need it for 10 days. Also if anyone has any tips for getting through the airport would be great Slight smile

Parents
  • Hi and welcome to the community!

1. Stroller

Whilst I don't have any experience of either this rental provider or product, I found this potential option for you online:

"The MobiQuip XL is a special needs pushchair that can grow with your child to 10 years old or up to 50kg in body weight."

They can deliver nationwide within the UK.

More info: Tiny Explorers

2. Airport help

The NAS has a great article that offers advice for parents and carers about going on holiday. It includes:

NAS - How to get help at the airport

The UK's Civil Aviation Authority also has lots of information about air travel, including how to access special assistance:

Civil Aviation Authority - Passenger and Public

If you don't already have one, you might like to buy a Hidden Disabilities sunflower card and lanyard (customised versions are also available):

Hidden Disabilities shop

Hope this is helpful and that you have a great holiday! :) 

• Hi and welcome to the community!

1. Stroller

Whilst I don't have any experience of either this rental provider or product, I found this potential option for you online:

"The MobiQuip XL is a special needs pushchair that can grow with your child to 10 years old or up to 50kg in body weight."

They can deliver nationwide within the UK.

More info: Tiny Explorers

2. Airport help

The NAS has a great article that offers advice for parents and carers about going on holiday. It includes:

NAS - How to get help at the airport

The UK's Civil Aviation Authority also has lots of information about air travel, including how to access special assistance:

Civil Aviation Authority - Passenger and Public

If you don't already have one, you might like to buy a Hidden Disabilities sunflower card and lanyard (customised versions are also available):

Hidden Disabilities shop

Hope this is helpful and that you have a great holiday! :) 

Children
No Data