Sensory Issues surrounding glasses

Hello 

My husband is autistic and he had a meltdown about 4 months ago that resulted in his breaking his glasses and it took us about a month to replace his glasses with ones that actually felt comfortable to him it took a couple rounds. But by that time he was not used to glasses anymore (he has wore them most of his life with little issue) so now he has been having a hell of a time dealing with the sensory issues surrounding getting used to glasses again. He has not been able to wear them more than 45 minutes at a time, and he has a very strong prescription so they feel too heavy on his face and going from very blurry vision to being able to see in HD is sensory overload as well. Any tips for how to help with the heavy feeling or getting used to things again? 

Parents
  • I have thin frameless lenses, with the arms and bridge of very thin titanium (like a thick wire). I hardly know that I am wearing them, other than my vision is good. I have them bespoke made and pay through the nose for them, but as I am very myopic and wear them constantly it is worthwhile for me.

• Yes I also have frameless lenses with titanium but managed to find my prescription on an amazon seller so not too pricey. But only use for reading. I have dreadful sensory issues wearing glasses too. These ones take a lot of pain away but not 100%. Thinking of getting eye surgery if vision gets worse as its so hard to cope with. 

• I have varifocal lenses, so they and the anti-UV coating I have because of a small cataract also push the price up for me, unfortunately.

Reply Children