Sensory Issues surrounding glasses

Hello 

My husband is autistic and he had a meltdown about 4 months ago that resulted in his breaking his glasses and it took us about a month to replace his glasses with ones that actually felt comfortable to him it took a couple rounds. But by that time he was not used to glasses anymore (he has wore them most of his life with little issue) so now he has been having a hell of a time dealing with the sensory issues surrounding getting used to glasses again. He has not been able to wear them more than 45 minutes at a time, and he has a very strong prescription so they feel too heavy on his face and going from very blurry vision to being able to see in HD is sensory overload as well. Any tips for how to help with the heavy feeling or getting used to things again? 

Parents
  • It's just gonna take time and encouragement. When I last had my prescription changed, I checked how things looked at angles, even though it's not natural for me to look at things in that way. It made me hyper aware of magnification effects and gave me headaches to wear them. But I eventually got used to it and now it doesn't bother me.

• It's just gonna take time and encouragement. When I last had my prescription changed, I checked how things looked at angles, even though it's not natural for me to look at things in that way. It made me hyper aware of magnification effects and gave me headaches to wear them. But I eventually got used to it and now it doesn't bother me.

Children
No Data