What have you been up too today?

I've had a long walk with my dog, then I went and tried to find something to tell my DiL to get me for xmas, she wants our lists early so as she can do her financial planing. I've been to the library and the garden centre, where I got a pack of free daffodil bulbs.

I think tomorow will be spent gardening

Parents
  • I've been reading a comic novel called "46% better than Dave"

It's about a guy called Dave Brookman, and opens with new neighbours moving into the house next door to him. The new guy next door is also called Dave Brookman, is the same age, and grew up in the same town, but seems to be more successful than the original Dave (own business, better car, ex-model wife, brainy kids, etc). Dave 1 creates a spreadsheet populated with various measures of success (as he sees them) and gives him and Dave 2 scores for each, then calculates that Dave 2 is 46% more successful than him. This leads to jealousy and resentment and much strange behaviour and odd things happening, as he tries to  compete with Dave 2, much to the distress of his wife who was quite content with how things were.

A funny and heartwarming story.

• I've been reading a comic novel called "46% better than Dave"

It's about a guy called Dave Brookman, and opens with new neighbours moving into the house next door to him. The new guy next door is also called Dave Brookman, is the same age, and grew up in the same town, but seems to be more successful than the original Dave (own business, better car, ex-model wife, brainy kids, etc). Dave 1 creates a spreadsheet populated with various measures of success (as he sees them) and gives him and Dave 2 scores for each, then calculates that Dave 2 is 46% more successful than him. This leads to jealousy and resentment and much strange behaviour and odd things happening, as he tries to  compete with Dave 2, much to the distress of his wife who was quite content with how things were.

A funny and heartwarming story.

Children