Gut health/antibiotics /ASD

Don't hate me for asking this question. 

I went down a bit of a research rabbit hole earlier, I suffer from stress and the occasional digestive issues as well as being ND.

I was reading about gut biology/bacteria etc, when I came across an article about how the gut bacteria in autistic people can differ in make up,some research says it could be due to a restricted diet others point the finger at other factors.

While down this rabbit hole I read an article about infants/babies that are given high doses of antibiotics have a higher prevalence of developing ASD. This seemed like a genuine well researched and linked article and not the "vaccine" horror that went around. Part of it was to do with the antibiotics killing off the gut bacteria in early development.

My son who is autistic went into hospital at around six weeks old and was given very high doses of antibiotics, so I wondered if there was any truth to it or has it already been debunked.

I'm not trying to scare anyone off antibiotics as my son probably wouldn't have survived without them.

Anyway, here's the link if anyone is interested. Does anyone use probiotics etc and do you find them of benefit?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9355470/

Parents
  • Interesting stuff. In fact I have been doing some interesting reading on pyridoxine dependent epilepsy. Pyridoxine is what creates GABA it is one of the building blocks of it. People who are deficient in pyridoxine can get what’s called convulsions and seizures. Autism and seizures go hand in hand a lot of the time.

• Interesting stuff. In fact I have been doing some interesting reading on pyridoxine dependent epilepsy. Pyridoxine is what creates GABA it is one of the building blocks of it. People who are deficient in pyridoxine can get what’s called convulsions and seizures. Autism and seizures go hand in hand a lot of the time.

Children
No Data