It's me and Goosey's anniversary

It's 1 year today (August 20) since me and my best friend Goosey first got in touch, here on this forum.

I've still not heard from her since April 25, and still never met her, so I'm having a miserable anniversary. I just thought I'd post a message about it though.

Goosey's very very nice!

Parents
  • I'm glad that you feel you've made a friend from this place.

I don't wish to dampen your anniversary but are you sure that the feeling is mutual on her end? 

It's probably just me, but referring to someone you've never met as your best friend may leave you open to disappointment down the line.

• Unfortunately both my other friends are people I've got to know through this forum and never met too.

She's told me I'm the sweetest man she's ever met. (Not that she's literally met me of course.) So hopefully the feeling's mutual.

• Unfortunately both my other friends are people I've got to know through this forum and never met too.

She's told me I'm the sweetest man she's ever met. (Not that she's literally met me of course.) So hopefully the feeling's mutual.

Children
  • That's positive at least, but I'd still operate some caution. I can only speak for myself, but there's many people who I felt strongly connected to when texting, but when we met in person, there was zero chemistry.