Pssst, don't tell anyone but...

Come on guys 'fess up about all your secrets or not secrets but the things you don't do that everyone else seems too!

I haven't played a computor game since the late 1980's, I can't use a joystick or a controller.

I've never read Harry Potter or watched any of the films.

I don't like chips or fries.

Parents
  • Cars.

Why are they status symbols?

They are just a tin can with wheels to me ...

• When I was doing my assessment, I kept on emailing them with random thoughts that I thought might help them assess me, There were loads - they were glad to see the back of me, I'm sure. And probably most of them just meant that I was crazy, not just autistic.

Anyway, this one of yours made me dig out the email. I said...

"I don't care about cars. People love cars. They are a tool. I often don't recognise our own car for a few seconds. I have no idea about other cars apart from maybe the colour and rough size. I was out on a date once many years ago and due to my other problem with having a rubbish sense of direction, I thought my car had been stolen because I was looking in the wrong car park. She said later that she was amazed because I was just “oh, well…” and not bothered."

• I’ve noticed with this thread that there is a lot of overlap but also differences. I have a small essay on my laptop for the assessor. One thing I puzzle with is why I have absolutely no sense of direction, for over 30 years I drove coaches, eventually I was put only on school contracts and the same bus route. It was the only way of guaranteeing I would return. My wife has watched me come out of shops and go off in a random direction.

• I’ve noticed with this thread that there is a lot of overlap but also differences. I have a small essay on my laptop for the assessor. One thing I puzzle with is why I have absolutely no sense of direction, for over 30 years I drove coaches, eventually I was put only on school contracts and the same bus route. It was the only way of guaranteeing I would return. My wife has watched me come out of shops and go off in a random direction.

Children
No Data