For the Attention of The National Autistic Society

What is to stop literally anyone from signing up to this website to spread disinformation? What are your safeguards?

Parents
  • This is a problem of all boards, I don't think that there is a solution.

The National Autistic Society had a net deficit of over £3 million last year - I don't think that they have the money to spend trying to achieve something that is probably impossible.

The mods may even be volunteers (I don't know), but there is unlikely to be the budget for full time monitoring and live fact-checking of every post. I suspect that the 'report' feature is the best that they can do on such a limited budget.

In answer to your actual question, unlike Facebook, this is meant to be anonymous, and for very good reasons. This makes detecting false accounts extra difficult. Posts are bumped to the top every time someone replies. So, one of the BEST things that one can do for a post to be forgotten about is simply to not reply.

I'd like to thank them for providing this outlet to us, even if it is imperfect.

• Incidentally I consider myself a kind of volunteer. I'm here to offer support if I can. Sometimes I may also receive support. I'm not here to parade my divisive opinions (of which I have many) and to boast about keeping the mods busy.

Reply Children
No Data