For the Attention of The National Autistic Society

What is to stop literally anyone from signing up to this website to spread disinformation? What are your safeguards?

Parents
  • What is to stop literally anyone from signing up to this website to spread disinformation? What are your safeguards?

There is no automated process so it is down to people to report posts they believe to be spam or abusive.

I don't think they are here to police the accuracy of information however. They can respond is someone is giving dangerous advice about using drugs etc but if it is for political opinions then that is down to freedom of speech.

Can you cite any misinformation that has been spreading recently that is provably incorrect?

• What is to stop literally anyone from signing up to this website to spread disinformation? What are your safeguards?

There is no automated process so it is down to people to report posts they believe to be spam or abusive.

I don't think they are here to police the accuracy of information however. They can respond is someone is giving dangerous advice about using drugs etc but if it is for political opinions then that is down to freedom of speech.

Can you cite any misinformation that has been spreading recently that is provably incorrect?

Children
  • Can you cite any misinformation that has been spreading recently that is provably incorrect?

I am loathe to continue the wars on here but in this instance, I felt the need to respond, because I'm getting very fed up.

There is a stream of provable misinformation here on the forum for you to read.

However, I will just show you my own (deliberately light hearted) response to one, although I'm amazed that in a forum where a very few posters post conspiracy theories, bigotry and misogyny etc etc you need any citation.

• I  did type out a response to this but it has been flagged for spam. I guess someones not in favour of my freedom of expression

• Caelus had an interesting thread the other day? Has it been deleted now?  I guess the mods must be listening to my entreaties somewhat.

I understand the position you are taking regarding freedom of expression.  It's turning the forum into a very unpleasant bear pit and exacerbating my mental suffering and the suffering of others

I'd love for the to be a nice place to visit but I fear it never will be.

The rights of some take precedence over the health of others according to this lore.

You say that for political opinion their is a policy of freedom of speech here,  Is this limited in anyway? What do the community rules say?  Are you Ian, enforcing the community rules? Are you deciding them?