Olypics Pah

I'm fed up with olympics already an they've not even started yet, nothing but sport on telly, all news will be olympic news, I can't wait for autumn and some proper telly. I even wondered what would happen if there were a big terrorist attack and the whole thing had to be cancelled?

I dont' like sport or competition, competitive people scare me, for me theres no such thing as good adreniline so why would I want to get it pumping. Why should I care if someone wins something or not? We get fed the lie that they're doing it for all of us, I think are they really indeed? I think I'd rather have the extra money off my shopping rather than have sports sponsership. I never asked them to do it, nobody asked me if I minded the amount of money that goes into it, the cruelty and even worse I get called a kill joy. Well have they ever thought that not all of us are flag waving sheeple, content to enjoy the spectacle whilst the world goes to hell in a bathtub?

Parents
  • I agree, sport is a ridiculous occupation for grown adults. Why would anyone watch another person play or compete? Where is the interest in it?

• Some people get into the gambling aspect of it also, we can potentially bring gambling into almost anything if we want to / are so inclined. I remember hearing that George Best maybe was so into gambling that he'd get bets going on the team coach about which droplets of rain would run down the window fastest to reach the bottom Upside down

• Gambling is something I've never understood, I just don't get the appeal of it, I see the glamourous side in things like James Bond films, playing the tables in Monte Carlo, but it's not something I want for myself. I've been in a couple of bookies shops and found them to be horrible smelly places that I wanted to get out of as fast as possible. Maybe I'm just not that attached to being right all the time, certainly not to the extent that I want to put money on it. But then on the few occaisions when I have gambled like the lottery I've never won, over the course of 6 months I barely made my stake money back, so there's no real incentive for me to keep trying.

• Thrill of the chase is something I don't really feel about many things, the only thing where I think I do is chasing down some obscure piece of history and being able to pin down a theory with some evidence behind it.

The stories of sports people dont' appeal to me, very few biographies do, I just can't relate to them or thier lives, unless they're historical rather than still living or recently dead.

• Thrill of the chase is something I don't really feel about many things, the only thing where I think I do is chasing down some obscure piece of history and being able to pin down a theory with some evidence behind it.

The stories of sports people dont' appeal to me, very few biographies do, I just can't relate to them or thier lives, unless they're historical rather than still living or recently dead.

Children
No Data