Olypics Pah

I'm fed up with olympics already an they've not even started yet, nothing but sport on telly, all news will be olympic news, I can't wait for autumn and some proper telly. I even wondered what would happen if there were a big terrorist attack and the whole thing had to be cancelled?

I dont' like sport or competition, competitive people scare me, for me theres no such thing as good adreniline so why would I want to get it pumping. Why should I care if someone wins something or not? We get fed the lie that they're doing it for all of us, I think are they really indeed? I think I'd rather have the extra money off my shopping rather than have sports sponsership. I never asked them to do it, nobody asked me if I minded the amount of money that goes into it, the cruelty and even worse I get called a kill joy. Well have they ever thought that not all of us are flag waving sheeple, content to enjoy the spectacle whilst the world goes to hell in a bathtub?

Parents
  • I think I'd rather have the extra money off my shopping rather than have sports sponsership. I never asked them to do it, nobody asked me if I minded the amount of money that goes into it

I know it can seem like a frustrating and unnecessary use of their money, but sponsorship (at that kind of level) can be a powerful marketing investment that generates significant returns - much more so than any benefits they might gain by spending the same sums on providing discounts (which could also devalue their brands).

Benefits can include building brand awareness, creating positive brand associations, reaching target audiences cost effectively, leveraging corporate hospitality to build relationships with key people, etc.

nothing but sport on telly

From a quick look, it seems like it's only BBC1 that's devoting most of its coverage to the Olympics (along with the odd, short programme on BBC2). So, for terrestrial channels at least, that leaves a few others sticking to their regular programming.

There's also the option of diving into some streaming services (which I recall you were perhaps looking into getting access to recently) and bingeing on some older series, with lots of episodes queued up and ready to enjoy. These days, I'm spending more time watching things on streaming services than I am on "normal" TV.

• I think I'd rather have the extra money off my shopping rather than have sports sponsership. I never asked them to do it, nobody asked me if I minded the amount of money that goes into it

I know it can seem like a frustrating and unnecessary use of their money, but sponsorship (at that kind of level) can be a powerful marketing investment that generates significant returns - much more so than any benefits they might gain by spending the same sums on providing discounts (which could also devalue their brands).

Benefits can include building brand awareness, creating positive brand associations, reaching target audiences cost effectively, leveraging corporate hospitality to build relationships with key people, etc.

nothing but sport on telly

From a quick look, it seems like it's only BBC1 that's devoting most of its coverage to the Olympics (along with the odd, short programme on BBC2). So, for terrestrial channels at least, that leaves a few others sticking to their regular programming.

There's also the option of diving into some streaming services (which I recall you were perhaps looking into getting access to recently) and bingeing on some older series, with lots of episodes queued up and ready to enjoy. These days, I'm spending more time watching things on streaming services than I am on "normal" TV.

Children
No Data