Snapshot - A Short Film About Autism

Hello!

I've been a long supporter of The National Autistic Society, but first time registered user on these forums!

I wanted to share my Writer and Directorial debut Snapshot, a semi-autobiographical account of my lived experiences as an Autistic adult.

Funded by BFI Network as part of Film Hub North, it's screened at Film Festivals up and down the country, as well as being featured in the Your Autism Magazine last Summer.

It's finally online currently streaming on Omeleto, and can be viewed below.

I'm hoping to spread this film and its messages as far and wide as possible, and I would love to hear your thoughts, and if you had any questions related to the film production process.

Parents
  • Congratulations on your film. What was it like working with (and leading) a team? 

• Thankyou very much Neil.

I have the Producer to thank, who I met first and helped slowly introduce not only the idea of making my professionally credited BFI-Funded Short Film debut, but to his creative team who helped me slowly build the script (which has helped improve my scriptwriting skills moving forward!) as well as enter the unprecedented territory of navigating Pre-Production via Zoom together.

We were greenlit funding just before lockdown, but each of the creative team helped instill the faith and confidence in me when it came to making decisions about; casting, as well as how the film should look. Where the cameras should be on set etc.

I couldn't have done it without them all. The Assistant Director helping me articulate creative choices when I struggled on set, the remote editing as we assembled the; edit, colour grade, and sound design.

We all have a personal and close connection with Autism, so the collaboration felt seamless and compromising on any sudden issues that we encountered, felt relatively straight forward to resolve.

I learnt a lot co-ordinating the film via E-Mails, and WhatsApp conversations, but it's through their; support, care and understanding of the film that helped me thrive in turn from start to finish. Relaxed

• Thankyou very much Neil.

I have the Producer to thank, who I met first and helped slowly introduce not only the idea of making my professionally credited BFI-Funded Short Film debut, but to his creative team who helped me slowly build the script (which has helped improve my scriptwriting skills moving forward!) as well as enter the unprecedented territory of navigating Pre-Production via Zoom together.

We were greenlit funding just before lockdown, but each of the creative team helped instill the faith and confidence in me when it came to making decisions about; casting, as well as how the film should look. Where the cameras should be on set etc.

I couldn't have done it without them all. The Assistant Director helping me articulate creative choices when I struggled on set, the remote editing as we assembled the; edit, colour grade, and sound design.

We all have a personal and close connection with Autism, so the collaboration felt seamless and compromising on any sudden issues that we encountered, felt relatively straight forward to resolve.

I learnt a lot co-ordinating the film via E-Mails, and WhatsApp conversations, but it's through their; support, care and understanding of the film that helped me thrive in turn from start to finish. Relaxed

Children