Snapshot - A Short Film About Autism

Hello!

I've been a long supporter of The National Autistic Society, but first time registered user on these forums!

I wanted to share my Writer and Directorial debut Snapshot, a semi-autobiographical account of my lived experiences as an Autistic adult.

Funded by BFI Network as part of Film Hub North, it's screened at Film Festivals up and down the country, as well as being featured in the Your Autism Magazine last Summer.

It's finally online currently streaming on Omeleto, and can be viewed below.

I'm hoping to spread this film and its messages as far and wide as possible, and I would love to hear your thoughts, and if you had any questions related to the film production process.

Parents
  • Quality, I especially like when she reaches out near the end asking if he wants to go out for a walk and they do Thumbsup Talking of quality, I'm watching La Grande Bellezza / The Great Beauty again at the moment youtu.be/Dyt430YkQn0 Slight smile

• Thankyou very much. Relaxed We always thought it would make for a simple solution and reasonable adjustment. Amazing segue and comparison as well! I'm touched.

• Well deserved + earned imo Slight smile When I first watched your Snapshot yesterday the film Surge came to my mind too youtu.be/10suikzwcjw Thumbsup I was unaware of Film Hub North until now also. Are you based in the North? Your profile picture looks to be Gromit, Nick Park is from Preston originally (grew up in Penwortham as I did for part of my youth, I've moved around 25 times so far and counting...). Upside down

• I know what you mean, when I was a child I particularly liked the Morph character(s) in Tony Hart's art programmes youtu.be/Edi1rTitpqU  Slight smile I'm going through my Paolo Sorrentino film collection lately and am currently enjoying watching This Must Be The Place which has an autism theme in some ways youtu.be/z6j4BuCZVEM Thumbsup

• Thankyou Relaxed Yes, Surge (a great film by the way!) did come up into discussion when we developed Snapshot, alongside films such as Jacob's Ladder and Pi. Yes, after the UK Film Council disbanded, each Film Hub was divided into regions. I used to reside in the North, but have moved since filming Snapshot. My love of Gromit is because of how he is incredibly expressive for a piece of plasticine and a character with no dialogue. Joy

• Thankyou Relaxed Yes, Surge (a great film by the way!) did come up into discussion when we developed Snapshot, alongside films such as Jacob's Ladder and Pi. Yes, after the UK Film Council disbanded, each Film Hub was divided into regions. I used to reside in the North, but have moved since filming Snapshot. My love of Gromit is because of how he is incredibly expressive for a piece of plasticine and a character with no dialogue. Joy

Children