Need to take an indefinite break

Things have been said here that I find triggering, and not supportive of those who are disabled. Ideally  I'd block, but that is not an option. Therefore I've been left with no choice but to take an indefinite break. I will check  periodically to see if it has,for me, returned to being  a pro disabled environment.

• I hope you're okay.  If something I've said has been offensive, I take responsibility and apologise as I'm not aware of it.  I think the nature of Autism can cause communication challenges and I hope there wasn't nastiness on here.  I feel I've missed something and hope it was a misunderstanding.... I just read through the link Debbie posted on here and see that it wasn't anything to do with what I've said, it was a political debate.  I think it's in my best interest to leave too.  I wish I was as resilient as you Debbie and able to do the same but I'm a sensitive soul so will only end up eventually getting hurt which I want to prevent.  It's been nice seeing folks on here again and I've enjoyed it but I agree with Debbie this forum can be a hostile place.  I'm sure many of us are here to avoid feeling that. 

• It is a shame that people decide to leave because of a small minority. I wish you well.

• If this is mean (not sure if it is) then pls stop

• If you don't like taking "guff", then perhaps you ought to consider thinking a bit longer before handing it out...

AKA "do as you would be done by". 

Dispararaging other people because you aren't like them only gets you so far, then they get annoyed and start calling out your guff for what it is. 

This is a place where we get to learn to accept other peoples differences whether we like it or not.

After all, if we want NT people to accept OUR differences, it might be a good idea to learn the skill ourselves, so at least we understand what we are asking for...

• "I came here expecting to find kindred spirits, and have not" is a reality that appears on screen and in my inbox all the time.

I myself had exactly that experience. It hurts.

To an unsympathetic person, and there are many of those, It's "kindredism", a close relation of race-ism or national-ism or family-ism of course.

Soon, of course, when the progressive (AKA Kalergi) plan is complete, there will be no families, races, nations or even "kindred" and we'll all be happy and own nothing.

As the martyr Gonzalo Lira used to say: "Understand what's going on".

*Editted. To perhaps communicate the essential point a bit better.

• Me too and this is the reason why:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/38092/constitutional-reforms

Luckily I can choose not to be abused by not participating in this forum that can be a hostile place.

All the very best to you and yours for the future.

• Yeh hopefully you get a good break. I don’t know what you mean by ‘pro disabled’ though. I think everyone on here is very pro disabled and support disabled people. I replied to your post about your letter from 2000 saying all positive things. We’re all here for you when you need support just come back when you feel better or don’t if that’s better for you. But make sure to take care and do what you need to do. If that means taking a break from here then that’s fair enough.