Anew government

Well that was a thumping majority, but I think a wide but shallow one. Reform did less well that exit polls predicted, for which I'm glad, but they have quite a high vote share. THe LibDems had a brilliant night.

A nice collection of Tory scalps for new MP's, Rees Mogg and Truss amoung them.

I stayed up until 3am and then had to go to bed, so I didn't see the big scalps taken, I'm tired today though.

It dosen't feel all unicorns and rainbow, frollicking fauns, and splashing mermaids, but I'm glad we've got some change, but it's a poisoned chalice for Starmer and gang, this country has so many problems in need of fixing. But I hope we have a stable government and not all this continual chopping and changing of PM and other ministers, I think part of the problems have been caused by so many reshuffles, ministers don't have time to get on top of their brief before they're moved on. That means any policy objectives they had are discarded by the successor, so nothing gets done and the rot sets deeper.

Parents
  • I'm happy that a self serving, intellectually and morally bankrupt, Tory party is out of power . I detest their  uncivilised attitude towards the disabled and vulnerable. Their crass worship of those lucky enough to  have done well in the genetic lottery of life while demonising those who have been less fortunate.

• I strongly suspect they lost this election deliberately,  leaving such a mess that they will be back in 5 years time stronger than ever.

• I doubt if they had the collective wit to organise something as cohesive as losing an election, Labour had such a massive lead in the polls and Sunak was unpopular. Whilst they mmight look at the way Starmer turned Labour from a similar electoral position over 5 years to wining, I still think the Tories incapable of doing so. Labour only had their own party to fight with, the Tories will have Reform to fight over and with as well as themselves. I don't think them capable of learning the lessons sent to them by the electorate as quickly. I think they will go further to the right and that dosen't seem to be where the country want to be

• I doubt if they had the collective wit to organise something as cohesive as losing an election, Labour had such a massive lead in the polls and Sunak was unpopular. Whilst they mmight look at the way Starmer turned Labour from a similar electoral position over 5 years to wining, I still think the Tories incapable of doing so. Labour only had their own party to fight with, the Tories will have Reform to fight over and with as well as themselves. I don't think them capable of learning the lessons sent to them by the electorate as quickly. I think they will go further to the right and that dosen't seem to be where the country want to be

Children