Anew government

Well that was a thumping majority, but I think a wide but shallow one. Reform did less well that exit polls predicted, for which I'm glad, but they have quite a high vote share. THe LibDems had a brilliant night.

A nice collection of Tory scalps for new MP's, Rees Mogg and Truss amoung them.

I stayed up until 3am and then had to go to bed, so I didn't see the big scalps taken, I'm tired today though.

It dosen't feel all unicorns and rainbow, frollicking fauns, and splashing mermaids, but I'm glad we've got some change, but it's a poisoned chalice for Starmer and gang, this country has so many problems in need of fixing. But I hope we have a stable government and not all this continual chopping and changing of PM and other ministers, I think part of the problems have been caused by so many reshuffles, ministers don't have time to get on top of their brief before they're moved on. That means any policy objectives they had are discarded by the successor, so nothing gets done and the rot sets deeper.

Parents
  • I'm slightly ashamed of the proportion of our countrymen and women who voted Reform, presumably a mix of the gullible, the disgruntled, the stupid and the fascistic.

• 4m.

Virtually the same number who.voted for UKIP in 2015 when they stood a similar number of seats. 

In spite of all the media hype concerning the 'rise' of Reform, it's the same party renamed, and it has its party faithful. 

Like it or not, there are millions of racist, misogynistic, homophobic voters out there, who want their country back- a land of white male supremacy, unchallenged by anybody. 

• If we are going to call people who think differenlty to us rude names, then there's way more braindead sheep voting than the tiny goups you identified...

The very low turnout tells the real story of how empowered people feel by the current electoral process, which needs reforming...

• Paying less tax is not a good thing if it results in long waiting times for treatment of cancer sufferers, or long waiting times for autism assessments, for that matter.

• but yet we also can say the same about islam and say that we have witnessed a single muslim that says he wants to murder all none muslims and so claim that all muslims are bad.... you see what he means when put this way?

not all of a group is bad because of one person in it being bad.... there are millions of bad people in labour too is all of labour bad?

• but yet we also can say the same about islam and say that we have witnessed a single muslim that says he wants to murder all none muslims and so claim that all muslims are bad.... you see what he means when put this way?

not all of a group is bad because of one person in it being bad.... there are millions of bad people in labour too is all of labour bad?

Children
No Data