Gardening

Hi I'm new to the community though I've been diagnosed with autism since I was about 13. I struggle with my mental health though I'm hoping things are improving slowly but surely in that department... So I've been out in my garden trying to make it look nice and tidy, not many 16s who do that... I'm really boring lol... But I'm finding it frustrating because a lot of its not proper grass it's more like the ground you get in a forest - I live on old farming land so it's pretty crazy to keep it all under control. 

I want to get it looking nice though but I don't really get how to. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to stuff.

But I've got so many plans with this garden and one day I'm hoping I can buy the house for me and my parents... I do a lot of charity work and fundraising. Helps keep me busy. 

I want to grow flowers and some nice things to eat like strawberries. Not sure how to do any of it though!

It's something I'm passionate about though. I really want it to work out but half the time the girls are like your never going to be successful with this.

But I'm trying.

Parents
  • There's lot of books in libraries, there magazines like Kitchen Garden, there are lots of schemes that help people with autism and other problems learn how to garden. Does you local college have a horticulture course? Are there any gardens you volunteer at, like national trust or something?

• There's lot of books in libraries, there magazines like Kitchen Garden, there are lots of schemes that help people with autism and other problems learn how to garden. Does you local college have a horticulture course? Are there any gardens you volunteer at, like national trust or something?

Children
No Data