What's something you've done recently that you're proud of?

I have a few things. The first is I cleaned my room and changed my bedding the other day for the first time in months. I changed my bedding, and did laundry (finished washing, drying, folding, and putting it away on the same day!!), vacuumed, dusted, took all the trash out, washed my rugs, and even sprayed some air freshener lol

The second is last night, I cooked dinner for my family. I never cook, I have never cooked a meal all by myself before. Cooking scares me for many reasons but mostly it's touching the food and anxiety about ruining the food. But I cooked last night all by myself (with some direction from my mom) and it turned out really good! I even touched the raw chicken with my bare hands and didn't cry!!

And the third thing is, I got a 98% on one final exam, and a 93% on the other, which gave me A's in both classes as my final grades. This was my first semester at college in like 5 or 6 years. I worked so hard and got so stressed and anxious a few times, but I did it.

What's some stuff you guys are proud of lately?

• I was studying math lately (I was bad at math growing up), and I could compare the different brands of flour I bought at the store today, by price, and weight. I couldn't find the flour I usually get, so I bought a different brand. It was more expensive. When I got home and compared the two, the expensive brand had less grams of flour in it!  Almost 100g less! I was so mad. But at the same time, I was happy for finally noticing things like this, and not just being a mindless consumer.

I'm finally getting into more cleaning. I used to avoid gross mildew and stuff, but then it just gets more and more mildewy and gross. I've realized I have to get through that gross phase in order to clean stuff, so that's what I've been trying to do. Surprising how many things I've found cracked that I never noticed were cracked before.

I also baked a random meat and potato pie at midnight, after I got home from work today. It turned out lopsided and cracked, but that's okay. Why did I bake a midnight pie? I don't know, but it's going to be my lunch tomorrow... or today... considering that it's after midnight and the next day already. 

• I've been out a lot recently, despite feeling overwhelmed by anxiety.

I also applied for a job....hoping I will hear back about it. I've got good writing and IT skills so I'm hoping it's something I could do, if I got the job.

Fingers crossed.

Pretty proud about these things.

• Well done for going! 

• I've been out and about with the theatre stuff, which involved going into a primary school just to shadow someone putting on drama lessons for little kids. The second time I almost didn't go in because I wasn't feeling it but I did anyway. 

• I hope it continues to get easier.

Thank you Blush

• Thank you!! It is a really good feeling to make something and it's actually good haha

• I'm glad you got to walk further than usual. I hope it continues to get easier.

• I'm proud to have phoned Budget Energy, this morning, to select a cheaper tariff - after the current deal expires - while I had the opportunity.

• I hope this thread doesn't die as I think it's good to think of something we do that we can feel pride in.

So, today, I walked considerably further than I have for a long time.

Last year I had Covid and went into hospital and was told in passing that I had a shadow on my lung from the virus.

Since then, my poor lung capacity stops me doing much walking but I'm trying to build that back up.

So, we went to Southsea and walked some of the new sea defences.

For those interested, the old defences are being replaced by new, partly due to their age and partly due to the predicted sea level rises due to global warming.

The new defences are in places much higher than the old, with the effect of taking away some views, sadly.

Portsmouth is an island city so is very vulnerable.

Here is some info about Southsea but there are new defences from as soon as you enter the island:

https://southseacoastalscheme.org.uk/

• Well done you.

I'm rarely proud of anything I've done and rarely have a sense of achievement, the bigger something is the less likely I am to feel proud of it.

• Thank you! And congrats, that's awesome!

• It sounds like you've been super productive and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. Congrats on acing your exams and getting back into college after a break! As for me, I've been working on my cooking skills too, and recently I made a dish that actually turned out really well. It's such a good feeling to try something new and have it go smoothly.

• Well done!

I like this thread.

I sold 2 photos for book covers and one is on an Agatha Christie, one of my favourite authors.

Books