Dogs

I love dogs.They are so comforting and have an aura of peace and calm about them. I like to sit with my dog and chill and be myself. She's does this really funny thing where she licks her nose and starts yapping excitedly lol 

Hugging

Lol she's such a cutie Heart eyes 

I like dogs I think there just adorable and so much fun. Sometimes I'm sad because I don't have any friends but then I see her and how excited she is to see me and then I feel like I don't need any friends because I've got her.

Parents
  • So cute! Also, kinda similar to my dog. Her name is Roxy. What's your dog's name? 

• Aww she's adorable Heart eyes looks so happy playing in the snow. Our dog is called Lilly and yes they are so similar they could almost be twins couldn't they.

• Yeah she was happy but then started shaking soon after and we brought her back inside. She absorbs water like cotton. 

• ah, so the athletes of the canine persuasion.

• Hounds are usually hunters, as opposed to shepherds, hounds tend to be longer legged and fast, attention is caught by sight, sometimes they're called gaze hounds as they're long sighted. My old greyhound Dogglet, used to see a dandilion clock in the distance and race off after it thinking it was a rabbit tail, then come back with a 'silly me' expression. In Germany they're called Windhunds I think. Hounds tend to be deep chested and have a huge lung capacity and their blood can be different too, retired racing dog Monty was a blood doner, the vet told me that they like greyhounds as blood doners as they have more red blood cells and the vets can dilute the blood for transfer without losing oxygenation.

• What is the difference between a dog and a hound, please? this is new to me.

• My brother has a whippet puppy. He is so sweet and calm. I can not have a pet with my living situation so tenuous but I would like to volunteer at the shelter if  ican get a ride back and forth. I want to be with the rabbits, birds, and dogs. I am allergic to cats, as much as I love them.

• Ex-racing dogs often struggle with the concept of walking.  They know how to run (they were trained and practiced at that).... but walking = very rarely experienced.

I like all the hounds.  Saluki are very pretty dogs, to my eye.  Lurchers are complex and interesting souls.  The shaking (of many) make me a bit sad, and there are common health probs often.

Whippets are firm and loyal friends, for life.

Just my experiential opinions.

• Ex-racing dogs often struggle with the concept of walking.  They know how to run (they were trained and practiced at that).... but walking = very rarely experienced.

I like all the hounds.  Saluki are very pretty dogs, to my eye.  Lurchers are complex and interesting souls.  The shaking (of many) make me a bit sad, and there are common health probs often.

Whippets are firm and loyal friends, for life.

Just my experiential opinions.

Children
  • My brother has a whippet puppy. He is so sweet and calm. I can not have a pet with my living situation so tenuous but I would like to volunteer at the shelter if  ican get a ride back and forth. I want to be with the rabbits, birds, and dogs. I am allergic to cats, as much as I love them.