I'm such a numpty! ;-)

I have no idea why, but somehow I had got it in my head last week that it was 'Holy Week' (the week leading up to Easter Sunday). I can remember that at the beginning of March, I had looked at my wall calendar. I had observed that Easter Sunday falls on the same date that the clocks change in the UK, which is always on the last Sunday in March. In my defence, I have chosen to blame my forgetfulness on my post-menopausal brain. Lol.

It has to be said that I do not consider myself to be a religious person, but I am aware that some religions consider Easter to be more important than Christmas. Therefore, I deemed it a sad state of affairs on Friday morning when I saw children on their way to school. I found myself thinking the UK must be more messed up than I had previously thought, if children were now having to attend school on 'Good Friday'.

On Saturday evening, I messaged a friend to wish them a 'Happy Easter, and had asked if they had stocked up on edible Easter treats. If they thought I had lost the plot, then they were too polite to say so when they replied the following morning.

Convinced that it was Easter Sunday on Sunday, I took great delight in eating a stash of Easter eggs... a whole week early!

It wasn't until last night that the penny dropped and I realised I had clearly got muddled, which I then found rather amusing. Oh well, I suppose I've now got a good excuse to stock up another stash of edible Easter goodies for next weekend. Stuck out tongue winking eye

Parents
  • LoL I think we've all done this RoflJoy last year I did it. Walked in the front room and said Happy Easter Everyone! and that was a week early too.

Felt like a right idiot. Luckily my Dad thought I was just playing dumb and said "nice try El, but you're not having any eggs early!"

Convinced that it was Easter Sunday on Sunday, I took great delight in eating a stash of Easter eggs... a whole week early!

I hope you have some more reserved for next week Stuck out tongue

• It's so nice to know that it's not just me that does things like this. Laughing

All being well, my son will be popping out within the next few days to get me another stash.

• Not long to go now! I wish I could eat some early LoL Laughing every time I suggest it my Mum says not yet you greedy munchkin.

What's your fave type of chocolate?

Reply Children
No Data