Anxious about going on holiday next week.

It's the half term holidays and next week we're going away. I am dreading it! We're going to Cornwall. We've been there before, last time it was in 2016 so a long time ago. My sister Verity was still alive then and I went with her in her car and Mum went with Dad. I preferred travelling with Verity, she was always such a good laugh and she played Disney cds and always came up with fun games for us to enjoy.

I don't really like travelling. Sometimes I get car sick or just overly stressed about travelling. I'll be anxious this time because it's a different location and we're staying from Monday to Saturday. Nearly a week in a hotel, new bed, new smells and sounds. It's a lot to process. A lot to have to endure and get used to. And this time no Verity. That will be hard for me. I still miss my sister, my parents do too I think but they don't mention her anymore so I think they must still grieve but in their own private way and space.

I'm looking forward to going to the beach. This time of year it's always quiet on the beach, especially if the weather is bad. I like sitting on the sand and listening to the sea as the waves sweep in. It's peaceful.

I've started making a list of things to take. Sunglasses, ear loops, spare clothes, my headphones, my Nintendo, enough books for the week... All things essential to me. It will keep me calm and hopefully help me get through the week.

My Mum wants to go out a lot, she's already prepared a list of different things we can do as a family. I don't want to do any of it really but then that would spoil it for everyone else so when she suggested different things I did the yes, sounds great, oohh lovely, routine. There's going to be a lot of masking for sure.

I would prefer to stay in my room and read really but unless the weather is foul I don't think that's going to happen.