Live music and venues!

I love to go to gigs and watch local bands play great music. Does anyone else? 

Supporting your grassroots venue is important!

Got curious and want to know if any one else feels like venues could do better in accommodating neurodiverse music lovers - for example low sensory punk/rock/indie shows?!

Would such a thing encourage you to go watch more live music?

Would love to hear some more opinons as i've not really seen much discussion online about this  <3

Parents
  • I love music, but I hate gigs. Haven't been to one since The Stone Roses at Heaton Park in 2012. Inherently, gigs aren't going to be ASD friendly by their very nature - huge crowds, loud music etc. Other than providing a quiet zone for autistic people to retreat to, I don't see how they can do much about this. 

Regardless, any changes wouldn't get me to attend gigs. I prefer listening on YouTube or going to the cinema.

I saw Stop Making Sense at the cinema twice last year and that was brilliant - minus the crowds. So yeah, maybe live streaming gigs in movie theatres (something I believe happens anyway) is a more ASD friendly option.

There's a showing for Queen's famous '81 Montreal gig shortly I might go to.

• Stop Making Sense was incredible in the cinema, I also went twice!  

I ask this as I'm thinking about ways to set up gigs that are sensory friendly by working with some sound and lighting engineers - but i'm just keen to get some input and feedback :) The only way I currently see the live music landscape changing to become more accommodating is if the idea of relaxed theatre or cinema performances are applied to gigs too... still fleshing this out though.

I hope you get to enjoy the Queen screening!! 

• Stop Making Sense was incredible in the cinema, I also went twice!  

I ask this as I'm thinking about ways to set up gigs that are sensory friendly by working with some sound and lighting engineers - but i'm just keen to get some input and feedback :) The only way I currently see the live music landscape changing to become more accommodating is if the idea of relaxed theatre or cinema performances are applied to gigs too... still fleshing this out though.

I hope you get to enjoy the Queen screening!! 

Children
No Data