Photography

Another photography thread ^^ 

Hopefully this one (and me) is here to stay now :-) 

Lily after a walk sat in the fallen in the leaves

The wind blew her fur so she needed brushing later lol :) 

Parents
  • Following on from  some photos of the madness that is Lewes on bonfire night (rather a lack of health and safety).

This was in 2018.

It's a fantastic historic event if you can just allow yourself to cut off from the mayhem and utter sensory overload.

And yes, children do walk along with blazing torches.

• I love these photos Debbie. 

I knew a boy at school from Lewes, he was called Lewis - really - I remember him saying that an effigy of the Pope is burned, but I'm not sure whether that's true.

I'd forgotten about him until now! Smile

• Thank you.

knew a boy at school from Lewes, he was called Lewis

Blush

When I was at school I knew a Stuart Stewart.

I remember him saying that an effigy of the Pope is burned, but I'm not sure whether that's true.

Yes, it is.

It is because of Guy Fawkes being a Catholic, so an effigy of the Pope in place at his time is burned.

I just saw that there was an effigy of the Prime Minister this year... 

Yes, the effigies are brilliant.

The event also commemorates the 17 Protestant martyrs from Lewes who were burned at the stake.

Here's a Wiki link for anyone interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewes_Bonfire#Lewes_Borough

The amount of people there is mad:

'up to 5,000 people taking part in the celebrations, and up to 80,000 spectators attending in the county market town with a population of just over 17,000'

• Thank you.

knew a boy at school from Lewes, he was called Lewis

Blush

When I was at school I knew a Stuart Stewart.

I remember him saying that an effigy of the Pope is burned, but I'm not sure whether that's true.

Yes, it is.

It is because of Guy Fawkes being a Catholic, so an effigy of the Pope in place at his time is burned.

I just saw that there was an effigy of the Prime Minister this year... 

Yes, the effigies are brilliant.

The event also commemorates the 17 Protestant martyrs from Lewes who were burned at the stake.

Here's a Wiki link for anyone interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewes_Bonfire#Lewes_Borough

The amount of people there is mad:

'up to 5,000 people taking part in the celebrations, and up to 80,000 spectators attending in the county market town with a population of just over 17,000'

Children
No Data