What's your experience of Gigs/Concerts?

Hi all,

Was wondering what everyone's thoughts/feelings/experiences of gigs are? 

On paper they're not the best places to be with so many things going on. For myself I tend to get uncomfortable when the crowds are packed too close and I get hyper-aware of how close I am to other people and feeling elbows etc brush against me. Feel like I constantly have to hold my breath. What I find weird for myself though is I love the feeling of the sound at gigs, not particularly the sound itself, but the vibrations of it in my chest and my body and limbs, I close my eyes to block out the lights and just feel it in my bones. For this reason I prefer rock gigs to anything else. 

Anyway, just wanted to ask what others peoples thoughts and experiences were? 

Parents
  • I used to love them. When the lights went out and someone I loved was playing, the anxiety I got from being around these people and the sadness I got the rest of the week would drop away and I could be almost entirely present and in the moment. I guess in that situation I had that mentality where I felt like I was part of this crowd, where in a crowded shopping centre I felt very much like one person surrounded by other people. For 60-90 minutes I felt actually happy. 

Maybe one day I'll be able to go back, but my anxiety went from social anxiety to GAD and panic disorder so they're too scary now. 

• Thanks for sharing! I agree, that feeling of being in the moment and just a part of it all is great. I hope that one day maybe you will be able to go back and have that feeling again. 

Take care.

• Thanks for sharing! I agree, that feeling of being in the moment and just a part of it all is great. I hope that one day maybe you will be able to go back and have that feeling again. 

Take care.

Children
No Data