Insomnia

2am can't sleep.

I want fruit juice, orange, or apple, concentrated or pure, doesn't matter, or fresh oranges to peel.

Problem is I haven't got any and nearest 24h shop is half hour walk each way, it's dark and cold and might rain.  

I could ask to borrow some from a neighbour, but I don't know them and knocking on doors at 2am might seem a bit strange behaviour to them.

I'll try a cup of tea instead.

• i think for me it was mostly a diet thing and perhaps a sedentary life that didnt allow my system to flow and get rid of stuff or digest quickly enough. probs doesnt help when your drinking cans of coke all the time and eat lots of chocolate lol

• Sorry you couldn't sleep. It's a common experience for me, and interestingly enough I crave foods and drinks I don't have at such times.

I get a lot of ideas and thoughts when I can't sleep, my body is shattered but my mind is wide awake.

• That was pretty much how it was discovered for me!  They had me on asthma stuff and all sorts as I used to get Night Terrors and would wake up shouting or screaming sometimes sitting bolt upright in bed struggling to breath.  Then I'd be too scared to go back to sleep in case I did stop.  Eventually, they figured out it was exactly that - the acid was trying to go back up my throat, causing it to constrict, so the struggling to breath was real.  Much better now on medication and sometimes I prop myself up with multiple pillows.

• maybe thats whats keeping him up at night? the acid rolling up his throat when he lays down lol

i had that happen to me a few times in the past, wakes you up real quick even mid dream.

• I have a lot of sleep problems but juice in the middle of the night, would be acid reflux hell for me! Camomile tea for the win!

• aye they will think your on drugs if you go round at 2am for some juice lol

• The good news is I fell asleep without the juice and awoke at 8am.  I will stock up later this morning.

I've never gone round knocking on neighbours door at 2am.  I suspect it would give the landlord an extra reason to evict me for anti social behaviour.

• id the want for fruit juice related to not sleeping? like the urge for fruit juice overrides the need or urge for sleep?
    i often find myself waking at silly times like 4am and so on then trying to sleep only to wake at 4.10am and a endless cycle of this trying but waking up, but i can identify my cause of that as being how my sleep patterns got interrupted by a ever changing work start time which ruined my circadian rhytm. 

• Yeah, enjoy it, probably let your neighbours sleep in peace, usually best to ere on the side of caution with people.  If its half an hour walk, then the walk might do you some good, tire you out, get your mind in a different rhythm,  although, to be honest, I always feel deeply, existentially alienated, walking round a 24 hr shop at 3am trying to find where they hide the cheapest mixed nuts, rather than cashews at £5.60 a packet, then looking into the blank face of the cashier as I swipe my card and collect my stuff in the cheap, transparent blue carrier bags they charge 15p for.  There’s a kinda Bukowski sort of beauty to the banality of it all, but the beauty is more in the mind’s eye than the actual living of the experience, but then again, it could be worse…