Insomnia

2am can't sleep.

I want fruit juice, orange, or apple, concentrated or pure, doesn't matter, or fresh oranges to peel.

Problem is I haven't got any and nearest 24h shop is half hour walk each way, it's dark and cold and might rain.  

I could ask to borrow some from a neighbour, but I don't know them and knocking on doors at 2am might seem a bit strange behaviour to them.

I'll try a cup of tea instead.

Parents Reply Children
  • i think for me it was mostly a diet thing and perhaps a sedentary life that didnt allow my system to flow and get rid of stuff or digest quickly enough. probs doesnt help when your drinking cans of coke all the time and eat lots of chocolate lol

• That was pretty much how it was discovered for me!  They had me on asthma stuff and all sorts as I used to get Night Terrors and would wake up shouting or screaming sometimes sitting bolt upright in bed struggling to breath.  Then I'd be too scared to go back to sleep in case I did stop.  Eventually, they figured out it was exactly that - the acid was trying to go back up my throat, causing it to constrict, so the struggling to breath was real.  Much better now on medication and sometimes I prop myself up with multiple pillows.