Insomnia

2am can't sleep.

I want fruit juice, orange, or apple, concentrated or pure, doesn't matter, or fresh oranges to peel.

Problem is I haven't got any and nearest 24h shop is half hour walk each way, it's dark and cold and might rain.  

I could ask to borrow some from a neighbour, but I don't know them and knocking on doors at 2am might seem a bit strange behaviour to them.

I'll try a cup of tea instead.

Parents
  • Yeah, enjoy it, probably let your neighbours sleep in peace, usually best to ere on the side of caution with people.  If its half an hour walk, then the walk might do you some good, tire you out, get your mind in a different rhythm,  although, to be honest, I always feel deeply, existentially alienated, walking round a 24 hr shop at 3am trying to find where they hide the cheapest mixed nuts, rather than cashews at £5.60 a packet, then looking into the blank face of the cashier as I swipe my card and collect my stuff in the cheap, transparent blue carrier bags they charge 15p for.  There’s a kinda Bukowski sort of beauty to the banality of it all, but the beauty is more in the mind’s eye than the actual living of the experience, but then again, it could be worse…

• Yeah, enjoy it, probably let your neighbours sleep in peace, usually best to ere on the side of caution with people.  If its half an hour walk, then the walk might do you some good, tire you out, get your mind in a different rhythm,  although, to be honest, I always feel deeply, existentially alienated, walking round a 24 hr shop at 3am trying to find where they hide the cheapest mixed nuts, rather than cashews at £5.60 a packet, then looking into the blank face of the cashier as I swipe my card and collect my stuff in the cheap, transparent blue carrier bags they charge 15p for.  There’s a kinda Bukowski sort of beauty to the banality of it all, but the beauty is more in the mind’s eye than the actual living of the experience, but then again, it could be worse…

Children
No Data