What's something cool you can do?

I can do a backflip and I can mimic most voices I hear. The mimicking is a special talent, according to my MH nurse. I used to have an almost photographic memory but recently I lost it, my memory is patchy now.

Parents
  • I'm beginning to rediscover that I have really good music pitch awareness. I can tell when something is out of tune by quite small degrees. This is kinda cool, but also quite annoying - I don't really enjoy hearing out-of-tune songs.

Weirdly, the more out of tune, the less annoying it is. It's when someone (or something) is fractionally out that I get bothered, mostly because there aren't that many people who can hear it. Jimmy Somerville was just a smidge out on his high notes, the sax player on Madness's "One Step Beyond" is just out of tune (apparently he has admitted that he didn't know how to tune his sax), and Boy George is flat just enough to make 'Karma Chameleon' uncomfortable for me to listen to.

Madonna had good pitch, so did George Michael and Simon Le Bon. I watched the Coronation big gig and a lot of the acts were uncomfortable to listen to! Oh, and Freddie Mercury could hit a note.

Sometimes if pop music is your career, autotune is your friend.

• I'm beginning to rediscover that I have really good music pitch awareness. I can tell when something is out of tune by quite small degrees. This is kinda cool, but also quite annoying - I don't really enjoy hearing out-of-tune songs.

Weirdly, the more out of tune, the less annoying it is. It's when someone (or something) is fractionally out that I get bothered, mostly because there aren't that many people who can hear it. Jimmy Somerville was just a smidge out on his high notes, the sax player on Madness's "One Step Beyond" is just out of tune (apparently he has admitted that he didn't know how to tune his sax), and Boy George is flat just enough to make 'Karma Chameleon' uncomfortable for me to listen to.

Madonna had good pitch, so did George Michael and Simon Le Bon. I watched the Coronation big gig and a lot of the acts were uncomfortable to listen to! Oh, and Freddie Mercury could hit a note.

Sometimes if pop music is your career, autotune is your friend.

Children
No Data