Burnt-out and need a friend!

Hi,

I was diagnosed late last year at the age of 27. I’m struggling with what feels like a constant burnout! I just feel like I need someone to talk to who understands what I’m going through :/ 

Parents Reply
  • That’s what I want! I feel like I just need some support, just someone who knows what I’m going through to talk to me when I’m struggling:( this world just isn’t build for us and it’s so scary to me 

Children
  • @autonomistic kindly posted a reply to me about burnout which included helpful links. I shared that with family, and for the first time I really got the sense they understood. 

• I’m sorry to hear that, I’m here if you want to talk :) I definitely feel comfortable here and I’m so grateful to have people to talk to 

• Oh no! I'm sorry. I'm in the same position although I lost them all because I did something really stupid.

I hope you're able to utilise this forum for that, it'll definitely help you to have something resembling a support network. You're quite early on in your journey so I can understand the struggles but I hope things ease for you.

I was diagnosed 17 years ago and I'm still struggling although I definitely understand myself a bit better than I did, and I do have therapy to thank for that.

• I don’t have any friends! Not even one Upside down I have family I can talk to but they don’t understand 

• Do you have a family member/friends/partner who you feel comfortable confiding in or do you feel like they would struggle to understand? I can understand how isolating that must feel if so.