Do you read fiction, or are you unable to read fiction?

Parents
  • The only time that I read fiction is when reading stories to my young granddaughter and previously my kids when they were younger.

Obviously had to read fiction at school all those years ago and didn't really enjoy it back then, bar a few ok books such as Lord of The Flies, Catch 22 and Flight of the Phoenix.

I get that a lot of people take great pleasure from the escapism, but I'd much rather read non-fiction factual stuff. Having said that, I wasn't very interested in history - go figure!

It's not just fiction books that I can't be bothered with, pretty much the same with TV and films.

• The only time that I read fiction is when reading stories to my young granddaughter and previously my kids when they were younger.

Obviously had to read fiction at school all those years ago and didn't really enjoy it back then, bar a few ok books such as Lord of The Flies, Catch 22 and Flight of the Phoenix.

I get that a lot of people take great pleasure from the escapism, but I'd much rather read non-fiction factual stuff. Having said that, I wasn't very interested in history - go figure!

It's not just fiction books that I can't be bothered with, pretty much the same with TV and films.

Children
No Data